YOU SELLING YOUR BUSINESS BUT DON'T KNOW HOW TO ACHIEVE THE BEST
So you have found a potential buyer for your business, but do you
know how to sell your company?
Do you know what is involved in a Trade Sale?
How do you negotiate the best price?
How to deal with the lawyers and minimise your legal
How to resolve issues with difficult shareholders?
Like selling a house, selling a business through a trade sale follows
an established legal process and often the legal process has an impact upon the
price finally paid.
However, whereas a house is land, bricks and mortar than can be
surveyed and searched to establish any negative issues and to confirm value,
much of the value of a business is based upon goodwill, product designs, market
presence and other fairly nebulous factors that cannot readily be
process of selling a company is therefore critically important to both buyer and
seller and is far more involved and time consuming than selling a house. It is
also incredibly stressful, particularly for owner managers
1. You have to run
the business whilst the sales process goes through, any interruption or fall off
in performance could well result in a reduction in the sales price, or even for
the buyer to withdraw!
2. You must be prepared for the legal process to occupy most of your
time for 1 to 2 months and all of your time for a further 1 to 3
3. Selling your Company is often the culmination of a life's work,
and can result in the owner and other shareholders becoming wealthy. But a buyer
can withdraw at any time if they don't like what they see after further
inspection. They can also withdraw for other, external, reasons. How do you deal
4. Selling a Company requires shareholders to make legally binding
promises. Some shareholders may not wish to give them or even to refuse to do
so. Also any negative issues with shareholders, suppliers, customers or other
connected parties tend to "crawl out of the woodwork" when there is a chance of
making money. Some shareholders will even threaten to kill the deal unless they
get their way.
5. Lawyers do not explain the process in detail in advance. Of
course, they will spend as long as you like once retained by you, at up to £300
6. Most shareholders only get one shot at selling a business, how do
you know if you have got it right?
At AcumenPro, we offer a variety of services
designed to maximise the sales price and minimise your time and anxiety,
* A presentation on selling a business, what is involved and how to
* Mentoring and assisting the sellers through any, or all of the
* Recruiting a legal firm and negotiating a price.
* Helping to prepare, or preparing the due
* Helping to negotiate, or negotiating the Sales and Purchase
Agreement alongside the lawyers.
* Helping to prepare, or preparing the Disclosure
* Resolving conflicts amongst shareholders or other
Chairman, Kevin O'Donovan, has sold 4 of his own businesses and been involved in
2 more that did not go through to completion. He has also bought 2 companies so
he has considerable experience of both sides of the process.
now to see how we can help you.
Telephone +441372 802400
Mobile +07957 391527